Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Okafor traded to New Orleans
I have always envisioned the day that the Bobcats would say goodbye to Okafor, but I did not expect it to be this soon. Okafor, though his scoring and rebounding stats are better than Tyson Chandler's stats, is NOT a pure center. Okafor is 6-10 but has the body of a PF. Chandler, who is 7-1, brings height, athletcism, aggression, and length needed from an NBA center. Though his scoring and rebounding in New Orleans were not as high as Okafor's stats in Charlotte, I believe that this trade will be a benefit to both teams. Okafor will see more scoring chances with CP3 as his PG and will rebound just as much. Chandler will be a go-to-guy for the Bobcats with more chances to score than in New Orleans and will get more rebounds. Without a doubt this will be a beneficial trade for both teams. This season will be an interesting one for the Bobcats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment